Comprehensive senior living facility project
Community Living Solutions was proud to help St. Paul Elder Services celebrate after completing several projects on the St. Paul campus in Kaukauna, Wis.
St. Paul, which offers rehabilitation services, as well as assisted living and long-term skilled nursing care, worked with CLS to complete several facility updates and a new building addition. CLS provided master planning, architectural design and construction management services for the following projects:
- Relocate a 12-bed rehabilitation facility into a new dedicated wing on the St. Paul campus.
- Add a 24-bed assisted living memory care Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF) to the campus. St. Paul Manor opened in July 2016.
- Renovate the existing skilled nursing facility common areas by:
- Transforming the centralized nursing station and services with a decentralized model
- Renovating existing dining rooms and living spaces
Creating efficiencies in a homelike environment
Community Living Solutions used the opportunity to help St. Paul Elder Services team members be more efficient while providing residents with a feeling of home.
- A new dedicated rehabilitation entrance meant patients would not need to enter through the nursing home.
- A new larger therapy gym inside the rehab area allowed therapists to move their offices closer to the gym from another area of the campus.
- A new front entrance for the skilled nursing wing replaced a maze of corridors with a gradual ramp that overlooks a meditation garden.
- A larger dining room for RCAC residents mean they can dine at one time rather than in shifts.
- An institutional-style central nursing station was replaced with a hearth living room area.
St. Paul Elder Services President & CEO Sondra Norder, NHA, JD, said she, her board and her team were extremely satisfied in their decision to hire CLS.
“Our decision to select Community Living Solutions as our design/build firm was constantly proven to be the right decision over our two years of projects,” she said. “We chose them due to their unmatched expertise in skilled nursing and senior living and the confidence that we had in their creativity in use of space. They did not disappoint. They put great thought into the functionality of the buildings for both older adults and their caregivers, they knew every regulatory requirement inside and out, and their ideas for maximizing space and making logical connections to existing facilities resulted in flawless designs and an efficient work environment.
“We feared a partner that would do things “cookie cutter,” but they took the time to truly understand our needs, incorporate our wishes, and develop a one-of-a-kind design. Their commitment to client service came through in their constant and clear communication, easy to understand documents, and immediate concern resolution. Our projects were completed on time and within budget to boot. We could not be happier with how they partnered with us or the results they provided.”
CLS plan, design, construction services
For more details on the St. Paul Elder Services project, visit our Portfolio.