Bringing Rehabilitation Services Home
Community Living Solutions (CLS) provided master planning, architectural design and construction management services for this senior living design project. CLS designed and constructed a 14-bed skilled nursing short-term rehabilitation addition, renovated 15,000 square feet of the facility’s long-term care wing, and remodeled and added a dining room to the assisted living facility.
- Reinforce the St. Paul brand and complete their continuum of care by providing rehabilitation services on site.
- Create a senior living design to bring together spaces scattered throughout the facility. Previously, the therapy gym, therapist office and rehabilitation resident rooms were spread throughout the campus.
After reviewing an existing master plan that placed the new 12-bed rehabilitation unit at the back of the facility with no relationship to the front door, CLS created a new easily accessible front entrance for outpatient services.
- CLS remodeled the lobby to feature a gradual ramp that compensates for changing elevation and takes visitors from the front entrance to the skilled nursing wing.
- CLS transformed an existing institutional-style nursing station into a comfortable gathering space at the facility’s center.
- The living area, just off the entryway, has been updated with a modern, home-like interior design.
- Facility enhancements allowed the therapy gym, therapist offices and rehab rooms to be located in the same wing with a separate entrance.
Why this project was successful
“After carefully vetting design-build firms who could make our vision a reality, we selected Community Living Solutions, and every step along the way, our tremendous satisfaction with CLS’ services has verified that we made the right decision.”
- Sondra Norder, President and CEO