Design with the Future in Mind
CLS provided master planning services, architectural design and senior living construction management for this short-term rehabilitation addition, long-term care renovation and assisted living memory care renovation.
- Convert an old nursing home with large centralized living and dining rooms to a more marketable household model
- Create a findable front door to the community that welcomes residents and visitors
- Maximize secure and usable connections to the outdoor environment
CLS worked collaboratively with St. Joseph Residence leaders, staff and residents to define long-term goals and develop an expansion and remodel plan to accommodate the facility’s continuum of care model. Focus groups and studies informed enhancements to meet unfilled needs for care in the community.
- Short-term stay rehabilitation guests enjoy exclusive living and dining space in the new addition
- A stepped garden wall allows for living space in a sunken ground-level floor
- A renovated living room adds natural light and a new entry to the community
- Numerous four-seasons rooms connect living spaces with the outdoors
- A sun room near the main entry allows residents a sunny spot to greet visitors
Why this project was successful
“From our first meeting, CLS has continued to exceed our expectations with excellent customer care service, intuitive insight and beautiful design. They truly listen to us to help us achieve the results we are looking for. CLS has done an excellent job managing our project on a day-to-day basis. They’ve been a great partner throughout our project.”
– Gidget Blank, Executive Director