Rosalia Gardens knew there was a need for more capacity in the market. But leaders questioned how much capacity would be too much. At the same time, facility leaders were unsure of how to offer hospice services—as a separate program or by caring for those patients using empty beds. To answer these questions, Community Living Solutions developed multiple scenarios through its senior living master planning process, which ultimately uncovered a solution that best served the community. CLS also completed architectural design and construction management to reimagine space inside this thriving assisted living community. The facility features 19,000 additional square feet, with 3,500 square feet of renovated space, including a 22-bed memory care space, 3-bed hospice, adult daycare additions and 18 updated resident rooms.
- Create a designated space with separate building entrance for adult daycare services.
- Enhance outdoor spaces, within the built environment and landscape, to serve varying needs of residents and staff.
- Create a separate hospice area to give residents and family a sense of privacy and dignity.
- Develop decentralized community spaces that offer unique experiences throughout the building.
- Create a complementary living option that aligns with existing resident unit structure to expand offerings.
During the master planning process, market and pro forma analysis led to the determination that adding more resident units than originally anticipated would be profitable. In addition to the day-to-day assisted living staff, CLS worked closely with the respective hospice and adult daycare teams to develop an efficient, beautiful design.
- Addition creates a new, stimulating experience while respecting the architecture of the existing building.
- Secured courtyard connects to the outdoor environment.
- Adult daycare has all amenities in one location.
- Hospice with separate lounge provides privacy and comfort for visiting family members.
- Various indoor spaces throughout with copious amounts of natural daylight.
Why this project was successful
With so many services now under one roof, Rosalia Gardens furnishes amenities no other senior living facility in that market provides. It also offers additional product offerings at an affordable pricing structure. The project invigorated an already thriving campus into something residents, staff and members of the community can truly be proud of.