Grancare Gardens in Green Bay, Wis., had been looking for a green space to build a new facility, but Community Living Solutions encouraged leaders to consider buying the next-door abandoned medical clinic. Grancare was able to purchase the clinic property for a reasonable price to complete a continuum of care on one campus.
- Transform a former medical clinic into an assisted living home that would appeal to the local market
- Create useable outdoor garden spaces around the building that was surrounded by asphalt pavement
This adaptive reuse project was a success! A former institutional building was transformed into a home filled with amenities at a fraction of the cost of building new. Grancare also is able to provide a continuum of care with other facilities located on the same campus.
What we did:
- Made windows larger to draw in more natural light
- Brought beautiful new life into interior spaces
- Created an open-concept floor plan to create a spacious common area
“We found CLS to be knowledgeable about the specific needs of the elderly and having the ability to transform this knowledge into the design and construction.”
– Donna Zunker, Administrator/Owner