Creating a Shared Vision
With a new state-of-the-art medical facility but without a senior care facility, this bedroom community of the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area found itself at a crossroads. Recognizing a clear need for local senior care, the Hudson Hospital & Clinic tapped Christian Community Homes of Osceola to partner on a new senior living community. Planned and designed around community wellness, the new 40-bed skilled nursing facility and 20-unit Community Based Residential Facility for memory care adjoins the medical center. The neighborhood design concept features spacious rooms with private baths, clustered into three households, one devoted to memory care. Amenities include resident dining with a display kitchen, private dining for family gatherings, activity spaces, common living areas, wellness center, spa, salon, screened in porches and three interior courtyards with walking paths and gardens. The floor plan revolves around the chapel with access to a seasonal amphitheater and outdoor dining.
- Regionalize the community’s healthcare system by incorporating a wellness-focused senior living community into its hospital campus
- Manage a multi-phase project that includes long-term care and CBRF facilities as well as independent and assisted living
- Develop a plan to reflect the partners’ vision of the facility providing seamless healthcare access while remaining poised for grow
Through its senior living master planning process, CLS created a coalescent design that reflected the visions of both facility partners. The thoughtful planning allowed Christian Community Homes to diversify its market while Hudson Hospital & Clinic enhanced its service offerings.
- The pre-design phase of the project included creating a master facility plan that reflected the combined visions of Christian Community Homes and Services and the Hudson Hospital & Clinic, while factoring in market demand and enhancing existing care offerings.
- Designed a restaurant-style dining space where residents enjoy chef-prepared entrees through a best-in-class food program based on choice.
- Residents enjoy engaging in meaningful activities, nurturing their spiritual needs and gathering in common spaces throughout their household.
- Spacious suites provide independence, privacy, dignity and room for personal affects to create a sense of belonging.
- Enclosed gardens with walking paths and playground equipment foster multi-generational fun and entertainment for residents and their families.
Why this project was successful
“CLS did a great job! This is the first project we’ve ever had where all the contingency funding was returned —they never promised us anything they couldn’t deliver.”–Dan Goodier, Administrator, Christian Community Home