Optimizing an Urban Park Setting
CLS provided a financial analysis, as well as master planning, architectural design and development management services for this assisted living and memory care project.
- Design within a limited site footprint and yet accommodate the care needs
- Provide outdoor access/visibility from the second-story floor
- Avoid a flood zone but remain close to the street in order to overlook a backyard park and creek
Staff offered comprehensive answers to detailed questionnaires, which provided vital information for an efficient layout. We presented 10 senior living design options and multiple exterior material options to the leadership group and staff.
- The new brick design honored the original 1930s detailing while fitting into the surrounding neighborhood
- The backyard park setting gives residents opportunities to enjoy nature
- Wandering paths for memory care residents were incorporated into the outdoor courtyard
- Second-floor residents enjoy outdoor views through screened porches
Why this project was a success
“Throughout the entire process, the Community Living Solutions team was highly attentive to our needs and would immediately respond to all our questions and requests. They also discovered some very needed funding to complete the project and helped with approvals and paperwork. CLS came in below budget. Everything was transparent. It was a great experience.”
– Michael Bonello MPH, Executive Director, Morrow Home Community, Sparta, WI